- The user can access this section by clicking the user name in the top right corner of the Elite Site Optimizer application (Username -> Domain Management).
- This section is used to manage domains by creating, editing, and deleting the domain name, domain URL, and Google Analytics Profile ID.
- The number of domains that can be added depends upon the subscription plan.
- Free Trial – 1 Domain
- Basic plan – 10 Domains
- Pro plan – 20 Domains
- Enterprise plan – 50 Domains
Domain Management Section
- In domain management, the user can add their “production” website marked as “Live site” in the “Domain type” option.
- Then for adding the staging website, the user needs to add the staging domain through domain management and mark it as “Staging site” in the “Domain type” option. While adding a staging website, the user also needs to select the production website against which it has to be compared.
- If the staging website has protected access through HTTP Basic Authentication, while adding their staging website domain, the user can also add the username and password to access the website.
- While adding the staging website, if the staging website has protected access through IP based access restriction, the user should select the Crawler IP address type as Static IP and it will show the IP address of the Elite Site Optimizer web crawler. Then the user needs to add the IP address to the server firewall’s whitelist and also allow in the robots.txt of their staging website.
- The user can also set up competitors for their domain to track their performance on ranking, On-page analysis, and Backlink count.
- The user can add a maximum of 5 competitors for a domain depending upon the plan selected.
- There is an option “Use Default Settings in the Add New Domain section. Checking the option will create the below settings while creating the domain.
- Add a default campaign named "My First Campaign" and default section named "home section" with domain's home page URL.
- The campaign will be created by taking the top 50 keywords for the domain based on the search volume and rank.
- The search engine and location for the campaign will be set as default search engine [Google], default location [US - New York, New York City].
- The preferred URL for the keywords will be the home page of the domain.
Add New Domain page
What are all the unique or uncommon words used in the Domain Management section of the ESO Application?
Domain Management - Glossary
What is meant by Domain URL?
The website (domain) that is configured in the ESO Application for running reports.
What is meant by Google Analytics Profile ID?
The ID that is configured for the domain to get Google Analytics results from the Google web console.
What is meant by Live Domain URL?
The user needs to select the production (Live) website against which the staging website has to be compared.
What is meant by Credentials?
The user needs to provide the username and password if the staging website has protected access through HTTP Basic Authentication.
What is meant by robot.txt?
Robots.txt is a text file that the domain owner includes in a website to instruct search engine robots on how to crawl pages on their website.
What is meant by Crawler IP setting?
Choose Dynamic IP or Static IP to inform Elite Site Optimizer crawler if your website is protected through IP-based access restriction.
What is meant by Dynamic IP?
The IP address is provided for temporary use and it changes automatically.
What is meant by Static IP?
Add the Static IP address to your server firewall’s whitelist and also allow in the robots.txt of the staging website.
What is meant by Competitor Domain URL?
The website that is competing against the user's website (Domain). The competitor domain is added to ESO Application to track their performance on ranking, On-page analysis, and Backlink count.
What is meant by Use default settings?
Checking the "Use default settings" option will add a default campaign named "My First Campaign" with the top 50 keywords for the domain based on the search volume and rank for the domain.